GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe 2wd,I had the Rear End replaced

Customer Question

i have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe 2wd,I had the Rear End replaced because of the noise it was making when driving,the Rear End i replaced it with come from a 2008 GMC YUKON,the problem i have now is my ABS & STABILIZE Lights will not reset,I had took it to a Chevy Dealership they clam that they couldn't fix the problem,so I'AM trying to fine out what to do next,do I have to buy a new Rear End for Chevy Tahoe or will the rear end i replaced it with can work or try find a Technician that can reset the lights.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam.

Sorry to hear about this issue. Did your old rear end have wiring to the sensors at each wheel? Does the new rear end have those same sensors?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they did have wiring to both wheels,the new rear end also has wiring sensors to it,and have been replaced with new sensors

What are the exact codes set please? Did the axles inside the housing get replaced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Replaced the whole axles with a 2008 Yukon rear end

OK so I am thinking there may be a sensor difference. Do you have the sensors from the old axle still?