camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

My name is ***** *****, I have an old Snap on tool van I'm

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****, I have an old Snap on tool van I'm converting into a fast food truck. I've replaced all brake calipers and brake lines. when driving maybe five miles I noticed the van slowing down. The rear brake calipers were not backing off rotor. I got under truck and opened bleeder valve. Squirted some fluid out, and brakes freed up. I drove van another 50 miles no problem. Had truck painted. Picked it up, five miles down road same thing. This time it was the right front. I opened valve. Released the excess fluid. No problems rest of way home. ( about 65miles) this has happened three times now after van sits for a day or so. I'm lost. maybe not bleeding the system correctly?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It has a hydro boost system. brakes work fine except for the pressuring up of the calipers.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  camerontech replied 10 months ago.

hi there,

im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech.

it sounds like you have brake hose (flex hose) problems.

you will have to determine if the master is holding pressure or the flex hose.

when the brakes hold up again, loosen the brake fitting free just before the brake hose. if the caliper is still stuck untill you loosen the bleeder, than its the brake hoses that will need to be replaced.

if no brake fluid pressure comes out and the caliper is still held up, than you will have to go further up the line.

crack the lines at the master, if pressure releases there, than its the master cylinder that is holding the system up.

if it has abs, you will have to also loosen fittings there untill you see where the pressure is being help up.

im probably leaning towards the flex hoses as this is pretty common issue

hi there,

how did your repair go?

please dont forget to rate me if you feel i help you!

as it is importnt for my page

thanks again!

cam