Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Thanks.
, here. I have a 2009 Chevy express van. 4.8

Customer Question

Customer: Hi ***** ***** and thanks.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Jim here. I have a 2009 Chevy express van. 4.8 engine. The 125 amp fuse keeps blowing and will not start. When I replace fuse all is well but wont last more that 3 or 4 starts then blows fuse again.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $24) to post your type of question to Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: fee is ok but hard to write back promptly because I am at work.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This fuse feeds 12 volts to the body fuse panel then the power travels through all of the fuses and relays in the body fuse panel.Usually if this was a short with one of the body fuse panel components that the smaller fuses feed at the body fuse panel one of the smaller fuses would short out instead.Since the main 125 amp fuse is shorting out like this here this sounds like a fault in the wiring that leads from the 125 amp fuse to the body fuse panel.If you can trace this wire which should be a red wire with black stripe and should be a larger wire in size and see if any damage is found to this wiring needing repaired.

If this was already traced and checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete