Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

My name is ***** *****.i diagnosed my chevy blazer LS AND

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** *****.i diagnosed my chevy blazer LS AND THE CODE IS P0785.SO how do i locate what to change on my chevy blazer
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the code was P0785 SO I GUESS I VE TO CHANGE THE 3-2 SHIFT SOLENOID
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 10 months ago.

Welcome,I have been a master mechanic for over 35 years and am happy to help you with this.

Give me a minute or two to type in some info ok?

First....What year and engine size please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
2000 chevrolet blazer LS AND ENGINE SIZE IS 4300CC PETROL AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION RIGHT HAND DRIVE
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 10 months ago.

Hello, new expert here. The P0785 code sets when there is a problem with the 3-2 downshift solenoid circuit in the transmission. The fix will be to inspect the wiring and replace the 3-2 solenoid. The transmission pan must be removed to replace this solenoid. Refer to attached image for location of the solenoid.