Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

2007 suburban starts with remote start then shuts down after

Customer Question

2007 suburban starts with remote start then shuts down after 5 seconds - throws a p0036 code but I just replaced that 02 sensor - if I clear the code - it will not come back until the next time I use the remote start
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

I’m a retired master technician and tech instructor with over 30 years experience. I also have access to a pretty good database on automotive service and repair. All of which enables me often times to offer you an educated guess on what the problem with your vehicle might be. However, if you’re thinking on working on the vehicle yourself, all my knowledge and resources won’t help you if you…

… don’t have tools or the skill to use them

… don’t know there will probably be some special tools and equipment needed for a proper diagnosis

… don’t realize it may take a few back and forth replies to solve the issue

DTC P0036 means the circuit voltage that controls the Oxygen sensor heater is out of a predetermined range, it does not necessarily mean that the sensor itself is bad and needs to be replaced. The fact that the code appears every time you use the remote start makes me think that it has probably been installed in such a way that it's drawing from the same circuit that feeds the sensor heater causing the onboard computer to set the DTC.

Unless you installed the system yourself, I would take the vehicle back to whomever installed the remote start system so they can correct this issue.

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding this topic.

Best Regards.