Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

My name is ***** ***** code 1275 sometimes hard starting

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** ***** code 1275 sometimes hard starting trac lite stays on and code po336, po340 2001 cavalier 2.2
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: tryed a crank sensor, cam sensor ign module checked grounds and found a pin backed out at connector under battery
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.

I have been a master mechanic for over 35 years and am happy to help with your question.

The hard starting and the 336-340 codes mean the cam and crank sensors are reporting a prob;em to the computer and should be replaced. Below is a diagram showing where they are located. Replace them and it will take care of the hard start issue.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33691145/sensors.PNG

My goal is that you are 100% happy with my answer(s). I strive for a positive rating. It's the only way i get credit. If you have further questions PLEASE just reply and i will work with you as long as possible.