GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2013 Chevy 2500 6.6 Duramax. I was driving about 10

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2013 Chevy 2500 6.6 Duramax. I was driving about 10 mph then suddenly the truck turned off. I cracked it again, and started back up for about 30 seconds the died again. I did not start back up. I left it parked for about 3 days, and came back to retry it, and started for about 20 seconds, died and no longer starts again. I have replaced the cam position sensor, and crankshaft position sensor, no difference. I have bleeded the fuel lines of air, made sure the fuel was pumping fuel by removing the main line going to the injectors.
I know the effects of either, but gave it a try. It will stay running with either, but once the either wears out it turns off.
I don't know what else to check, the truck was running great before this happened.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Greg Jensen replied 1 year ago.

Hello My name is*****'ll see if I can help.

Have you checked it for any codes yet? It sounds like you likely have a high pressure pump issue or a fuel pressure regulator type issue. the other possibility is bad fuel. Though it sounds like you likely know enough that it is preob not poor fuel. here is an issue I have seen from time to time cause situations like yours.