GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

On my 2004 SSR when I go to open the top the timing out

Customer Question

on my 2004 SSR when I go to open the top the timing out message comes on and the top will will not open. What is the cause
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

• ROOF CYCLE TIMEOUT - Displays when the folding top switch is active and the RDM has detected a fault that could potentially bind the system possibly causing mechanical damage. Roof operation ceases when this message appears.
  • .

I can get the test instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks