Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2003 suburban and a message

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I have a 2003 suburban and a message "reduced power" came up and the truck would not rev past 2000 rpm or go over 30mph? Today I go to the car and it runs fine? Help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 165k miles well maintained. Message came out of the blue.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

good morning my name ls roy and I will assist

the fly by wire system is failing. there should be a code stored for this in the computer. there is a throttle position sensor on the throttle body that is common for failing, pedal sensor and wiring.the code will help lead us to the area of failure. a parts store will pull the code for you fro free.

the reason why it is ok at times is it re sets itself every time you turn off the car and re start it.

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What should I ask for at parts store
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

ask them to read the code for you. I would not buy any parts until we determine the failure

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Parts store could not pull a code.
What do you recommend?
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

we need to get the code,otherwise it is just a guess and they can get expensive.

try calling other stores and ask if they can read history codes

Roy

Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out