Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Ironmike. I have my daughter's 2000 Camaro right now. It is

Customer Question

Hey Ironmike. I have my daughter's 2000 Camaro right now. It is getting a reduced power light, gets up to about 30 mph. Had the codes pulled: P0404, P0446, P1221, P1404, & P1516.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

what engine do you have?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
v6 3.8?

ok,does it idle well?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It seems to work fine idling. The reduced power comes after a mile or so.

ok..

lets try something simple..

remove the intake air duct and clean the inside of the throttle body,,these can get dirty with black soot and cause this problem..

let me know

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.

The throttle body for the TAC system is similar to a conventional throttle body with several exceptions. One exception being the use of a motor to control the throttle position instead of a mechanical cable. Another exception is the new design Throttle Position (TP) sensor. The TP sensor mounts on the side of the throttle body. The TP sensor is actually two individual TP sensors within one housing. Two separate signal, ground and reference circuits are used to connect the TP sensors and the TAC module. The TP sensor signal voltage increases as the throttle opens.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Tim. I will have to try that later tonight. Will you still be available later if this doesn't fix the issue, or will I need to start another ticket?

yes,i will be on and off here all night..

clean it with carb cleaner

then let me know

thanks