Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I have a 2005 chevy pickup5,34 speed automatic you get going

Customer Question

i have a 2005 chevy pickup5,3*****4 speed automatic you get going down the road and falls out of gear and goes into neutral Shut off let it sit and it will drive again for about a mile then it does it again?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

if it is going as if it gos into neutral when it is time to shift,the problem is still the transmission,the 3-4 clutches is what burns out of these 4l60e transmissions that will cause this.

if you have replaced it with a new rebuilt unit,take it back and get another,

i would advise against buying a used 4l60e,sense it may also be worn and not last long.

sorry,but the problem seems mechanical and not eectrical,the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced,sorry

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.