GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2009 Tahoe with the 4.8 V8... It stalled today and

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Tahoe with the 4.8 V8... It stalled today and it read "reduce engine power" on the dash... Their was no response from the accelerator pedal... After being shut down for a few minutes, it started back up and ran fine... Anybody ever have this problem and do you know where the problem lies? It will be much appreciated! Thank you in advance
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Do you have an insurance device on the OBD connector? Have you had the codes read?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No I'm gonna do that in an hour or so... Waiting for my brother to bring it home from his job

Have you done any repairs recently?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This car has only gave me problems once before... The accelerator pedal wire had come off... I've wrench a lot on my own cars growing up and I'm actually changing the crankshaft out on my S10 Blazer this week... Just pulled the motor yesterday... I guess you could say im a backyard mechanic.. Learned from my father whom had a shop 20 years ago but never got licensed
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry... He was licensed , I was not

Have it checked for codes.

I suspect you will have a P1516, which is likely a a throttle body going bad.

Let me know the codes and I will advise further