GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Corvette 05 will not start. Battery was apparently dead, but

Customer Question

Customer: Corvette 05 will not start. Battery was apparently dead, but now all lights work but car will not crank. Also, doors do not unlock, but lights do. Electric seats do.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Was working find. On vacation for 10 days. Came back and battery dead. May have left something on, just don't know. In the past, just just used aux charger and it worked fine. Battery is less than 4 months old.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure, and I will pay that if it works.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if the battery has been charged?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Every thing works electrically except those related to the fob. Won't open doors. Won't start. Definitely fob issue.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Are there any warnings coming on on the dash like security or column lock?