GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2002 express won't start!changed fuel pump again .replaced

Customer Question

Customer: 2002 express won't start!changed fuel pump again .replaced coil and el module.new plug wires installed.changed fuel pressure regulator.i can hear thee pump run and psi is at 50 give or take a lb.it has been giving me fits sometimes it will run like new and othr times it will act sluggish with no power .
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well it tried to start after you release the key kind of like a runon like the old cars when they were hot
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yup I am kind of stranded so I am not going anywhere
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: ok
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Which engine do you have?

Can you send me VIN?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I got it started by holding the gas pedal to the floor and its a 5.7.i do not have any test equiptment .ihave checked fuel psi and also installed a new fuel pump today.it only has an issue after it sits over night.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
my skill level on engines is above average except what I call the new stuff without carburators.i raced autos for many years built my own engines and tuned others for a hobby
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
well lets see I waited for about 3 to 4 hours for some kind of an answer.finally get a reply and charged for the time guess that's why I was able to keep after it until it started.thanks for all your help but I think this website is a rip off and it will go down as a don't use again I paid for nothing have a nice day
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i would rate my expert if he had told me anything not saying he did not help me cause my bank accout is now smaller and should get better mileadge from less weight to haul around

Fuel pressure spec 59 PSI minimum. Please verify you only have 50.

What brand of fuel pump did you install?

Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

do you still need help with your van?