GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My name is ***** ***** the issue is oil in the intake

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** ***** the issue is oil in the intake manifold . my question is could this set a P101 code ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have came across this issue before on earlier model Chevy having the pcv baffle plugged .i know this is part of my problem on this 04 Chevy with a 5.3 . I have a check engine light on code P101 Mas air flow sensor test good , map sensor test good so my question would be could the excessive crank case pressure result in the P101 code.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 10 months ago.

Hi there, I am Cam.

Oil in the intake should not set a P0101. That code is specific for mass air flow performance. Things like a dirty mass air flow sensor, plugged air filter, plugged exhaust. Air leak after the sensor or at the intake will all cause this issue.

Oil in the intake sounds more like a baffle issue in the drivers side valve cover.