Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

My instrument gauge stopped working in my 2003 chevy tahoe.

Customer Question

my instrument gauge stopped working in my 2003 chevy tahoe. can it be a blown fuse? If so, can you tell me where the fuse is located for the instrument gauge?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.

The fuse for the instrument panel is located in the under-hood fuse block and is labeled as "IPC/DIC". It is a 10a fuse. If the fuse is blown, and the new fuse blows soon there after, there is a wiring problem between the fuse block and the instrument panel. If the fuse is good, then more than likely, the problem is the instrument panel itself. There was known issue with the panels back in the day, and the instrument panel was updated to correct the problem. Unfortunately, the extended warranty coverage was only for 7 years or 70,000 miles. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.