EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chevrolet Technician
34559540

2012 Chevy Cruze heater stuck on vent

Customer Question

2012 Chevy Cruze heater stuck on vent
Category: Chevy
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. The most common cause of your concern is the mode door actuator. It is located on the left hand side of the heater box to the right of the drivers feet. You can inspect to see if it is moving when you are changing the modes on the hvac module. Let me know if that is something you can do. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A Chevy dealer wants to remove the dash to change out the motor. Is this needed? I fixed a. Ford F350 with hammer, broke out the old one and replaced it.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Yes that is correct. The panel does have to be removed. There is not enough room to access it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any chance a computer reset would fix it?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

I cant say it wont because removing the battery cables fixes many things these days with all the computers. It would be worth a try.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for viewing my response. Please let me know if you need more help and also please rate my service. Thank you.