Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master, L1, 32 years, Diagnostic / Electrical Specialist
13677702

1999 chev Malibu ignition key can not turn! I saw video of

Customer Question

1999 chev Malibu ignition key can not turn! I saw video of replacing , when they were taking out the ignition they had key in and turned to on. I tried to take it out the same way I seen on video, but couldn't, I think because my key will not turn at all.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Randall C replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I can not supply any videos on this, sorry but I am attaching the factory repair information, What they did not mention in video you watched is the ONLY way to remove the part is the key MUST be able to turn to run position, You say yours does not so,, you really have only one option if you want to attempt on your own, I have attached a file showing the full repair as well as "when key does not turn" in section 11.1 -11.8 in the file I have attached, I know a few steps invloved but this is the factory repair information, It is all in the link

here is the link again