rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2005 Trailblazer 4.2L Oil Pressure gage pegged, R&R Sensor,

Customer Question

2005 Trailblazer 4.2L Oil Pressure gage pegged, R&R Sensor, fixed problem for two days then pegged again. Disconnected battery ground for 30 sec. normal pressure (40psi) for several days.Where do I look next?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

If it's a good sensor, then you either have a bad ground or the gage is defective. You can test the gage with a scan tool too.

Thanks, Ron