GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 95 s10 blazer. Can't get the red brake light on the

Customer Question

I have a 95 s10 blazer. Can't get the red brake light on the dash to go off so my drl will work. E brake pedal is ask the way up,i took the switch apart and cleaned the contract points very nicely, blurred the brakes, fluid level is perfect, took out the switch in the master cylinder and tested it and put it back in.cannot get that light to go out.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

Is the ABS light on as well? If you disconnect electrical connector at master cylinder and at park brake pedal, will the light go out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, and no.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay. Checked schematics and I'd like for you to follow the brake lines down from the master cylinder to the proportioning valve. There is a single wire attached to the proportioning valve, disconnect this wire and see if the brake warning lamp goes out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did that. Light stays on.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

This same wire also goes to the ignition switch. This is for bulb test, brake light should be on with key in Start position. Should be grounded only in Start position. Find an area of the wiring at the column that is easy to get to and cut the Tan/White wire. See if the light goes out. If it does then the fault is in the ignition switch.