Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

2004 3500 duramax 4x4 allison trans with single plug neutral

Customer Question

2004 3500 duramax 4x4 allison trans with single plug neutral safety switch replaced due to code [transmission range inhibited] and no indicator on showing what gear your in and no trans temp. replaced the switch and now i have trans temp gauge and indicator lights are on until you start it. both filters and fluid have been changed. i now get codes p0700 and p0500. i am no way a tranny guy, the two shops i tried to take it to said 3 weeks out. so if you could help, that would be great
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this issue here only occurred after the transmission position switch was replaced this may be a fault with the wiring or connection to the switch if it has shorted as this can occur in some cases.The first thing that needs done is to inspect the wiring and connections at the transmission switch and see if any issues are found.If a fault is found it will need to be repaired to correct this here.If this has already been checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete