Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

AC ONLY BLOWS THRU DRIVER RIGHT VENT,OTHER BEARLY BLOW,REAR

Customer Question

AC ONLY BLOWS THRU DRIVER RIGHT VENT,OTHER BEARLY BLOW,REAR AC ONLY BLOWS COLD
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I get a code the rear temp switch not working,but don't know what it has to do with the front.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i also change the hot cold motor in the back with my other Yukon. nothing nither
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try and recalibrate the actuators.To do this if you have the manual heat and ac controls remove the heater and ac fuses from the interior and under hood fuse panels for 5 minutes and allow the vehicle to sit.Then reinsert the fuses and turn on the key without starting the engine or touching any heater or ac controls.Then after 1 minutes start the vehicle and see if the heater and ac controls operate properly then.If you have the auto temp controls with the auto features this recalibration has to be done with a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with the heater and ac system.

If this was already attempted let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will this fix only one vent blowing in the front? , the other 3 vents bearly blow. The vent that blows the hardest is the one left to the radio/driver side.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

If you only have one vent blowing properly and the rest barely blow out anything this sounds like a possible restriction or damaged component in the heater box itself needing removed and inspected for repair or replaced.

If this was a mode actuator or the control unit at fault all vents would be affected and since it is involving all but one vent this sounds like a mechanical fault or restriction in the heater box itself.

The heater box components will need to be inspected to locate and repair the fault here.

Thanks Pete