Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

My issue started a month ago with my left turn signal

Customer Question

Customer: My issue started a month ago with my left turn signal turning off when still engaged. If I reset the turn signal and turned it back on it worked again. then it started happening more often this last week. 2 days ago I lost both low beam headlights and the DRL light would blink on the dash would flash rapidly and service light would come on when headlight were not on when i put the car in gear. We replaced the combination switch and that did not fix the issues with the headlights. My mechanic then decided to slice together the harness connector that is under the battery tray but did not realize there are 3 dark blues in that harness (1 being thicker then the other 2) the pinout of the harness connector that was cut out is almost identical to this link http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/BOBCAT5544/2011-01-02_182257_2001_cav_conne.jpg only i am missing the orange/Black and i have one extra of those dark blues that is in a spot on the harness that is listed on that diagram as not used.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: after all this the low beam filaments were blown on both bulbs
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: thats fine
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to try and help you with the correct diagram for the harness we need to know what your working on. Year, make and model. Post back with complete information and which circuit your trying to rewire and I will try and help you with the correct diagram.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier. I need the correct pinout for for the connector under the battery tray ( I think it is sp102) as well as all the combination switch.
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

See the diagrams in the links below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/TS%202%20Jan%208.pdf