GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2008 Chevy express Van 3500, it has the 4.8 L with

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Chevy express Van 3500, it has the 4.8 L with 107,000 miles on it, check engine light just came on and when I did the van began shifting hard, when I turn it off and turn it back on it dries perfect but after about 15 minutes of driving it start shifting hard again, code is p0700 and P0894, any idea what it might be, I had the transmission fluid changed and the filter changed, still does it
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 11 months ago.

hi there, I am Cam. Can I get your name please?

This is a sign of issues inside the transmission. P0700 is only a code saying there is a transmission code, and that code is P0894. That code, P0894 is one saying the system cannot adjust anymore. The pressure control and solenoid timing is controlled by the computer, and it makes adjustments as time goes on. Things wear a bit and it adjusts. When its reached the limits of its adjustment, this code sets, pressure defaults to high and you get this.

So this is a problem inside the transmission, possibly a clutch but more likely the Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) . This you would not feel slipping rather it would show up like this.

Diagnosis for this is done with a scanner that can control the transmission functions.