Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Duramax diesel starts but stlalls after 10 sec. usally on

Customer Question

Customer: duramax diesel starts but stlalls after 10 sec. usally on cooler days, after sitting over night. will restart after severall atemps then runs fine. no trouble codes noticed.?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2007 2500 hd. 195K miles. no recent work
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating.

Do you have a security light on the dash when it is stalling?

How long since the last fuel filter?

Are you familiar with how to bleed the fuel system?

Here is a youtube video on changing fuel filter. I would start with this if it has been a while.

If you still have difficulty try bleeding the fuel system before starting it and see if it helps. If it does you probably have a failing primer pump.