BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have 2015 chev silverado 5.3L dtc p2635 the vehicle run

Customer Question

i have 2015 chev silverado 5.3L dtc p2635 the vehicle run great but i have the code. The fuel pump and high pressure pump also replace. The vehicle has 9823km. They had the ecm and fuel pump control module re flash.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me if the light would come on under a certain driving condition such as under load.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when you start it up first 30second light comes on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you don't drive it for the code too come on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fuel pressure reading 88psi give or take and desired fuel pressure reading is 46.5psi
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. The most common causes I have seen with this truck that causes this is the fuel rail pressure sensor or the harness to the sensor. I have seen a lot of these harnesses fail and cause incorrect signals.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot the tech also replace fuel pressure sensor on fuel rail under the truck.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Did he replace the wiring harness also?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just the sensor was replace. They cleared the code grounded the sensor side and the code came back.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Then they need to replace the harness. Did they verify the fuel pressure reading with a mechanical gauge or just go off of the scan tool?