Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

2010 express 3500. The grade braking is so intense I feel

Customer Question

2010 express 3500. The grade braking is so intense I feel like someone is going to run into the back of me. On numerous occasions it even caused a flashing check engine light . I haul heavy loaded carpet cleaning equipt. But want to disable this grade braking thing. Other than taking it out of tow-haul is there any thing I or my trans. Shop can do? ... Mike
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating.

This is controlled by the PCM. There is not an easy solution to disable other than taking out of tow mode.