Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have a 2010 chevy g30 box truck with 111000 miles
,

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** cook I have a 2010 chevy g30 box truck with 111000 miles
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yesterday I was driving in the morning and the check engine light went on and I got a message reduced engine power. the truck slowed to about 20 miles per hour. checked the manual and it said emmissions issue. i'm on commission and I needs this truck on the road. is it drivable till I can set up an appointment to get it fixed?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 11 months ago.

This problem relates to the electronic throttle controls. Problem could be in the sensor at the accelerator pedal, at the throttle body on the engine, or a wiring problem. The truck is driveable, but if the problem occurs again, power and top speed will be limited. It will not harm anything to drive like this, but you will obviously be slowed down.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Dave
The main thing I wanted to know is would I damage the engine if I drove it with this condition. I will drive it until I can get it in for service
Randy

No damage will occur.

Dave

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Cool
Thanks

You are very welcome.