Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

The locking mechanism feel inside my door on my 2003 chevy

Customer Question

the locking mechanism feel inside my door on my 2003 chevy suburban and the door is shut it won't open from the inside or outside
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like the door latch itself has failed needing replaced.I have seen this occur several times before and had to replace it.If you can access the latch with the door panel peeled back or removed (this can usually damage the door paneling when this is done with the door closed) then you can manually try and trigger the latch where the handle rods connect to and see if this releases the latch itself.You can also work the lock rod on the latch to see if you can free up the latch to get it to open.

Once this is done the latch will need replaced to correct this fault and the door paneling may need repaired or replaced as well.If you need more help with this here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete