GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I own a chev suburban 2002 model 2500 series 8.1 litre auto

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** own a chev suburban 2002 model 2500 series 8.1 litre auto the key had been forcefully removed from ignition while it was not in park leaving reds on .we googled that if u tried hitting key in the ignition that it may work.we tried this without success ,we than had a locksmith disassemble lock and repair the car steering and everything was put together however car will still not run .could u pls tell me wat I need to do .is it possible to get it goin or do I need to purchase new key and barrel and if so do I need to program it and who would do this .i live in Agnes banks near richmond now .i await your response thank you for your time
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Right now will the key go in and out?

Will the key turn to all positions?

With the key in the run position does the instrument cluster light up and activate?

Will it crank?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.