Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

2015 duramax. Integrated brake system not working. Changed

Customer Question

2015 duramax . Integrated brake system not working . Changed the 30 amp fuse . When you adjust the gain and press the button nothing lights up anymore. It was working fine. I double checked the trailer brakes by pulling the break away switch and everything locked up. Not sure what else to try at this point .
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked/read out of the trailer brake system/control unit itself using a scan tool that is fully compatible with this model here.The correct type of scan tool (sometimes a dealer item only) can communicate with the trailer brake control unit and check the fault codes stored.This trailer brake unit can set a code and disable itself from operating causing this issue here.Once you have the codes read out the codes can be diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.If you can get the codes read out and post the code info here this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete