Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

My name is got trans code p0735 today on a midd grade

Customer Question

Customer: hi ***** ***** my name is ***** ***** trans code p0735 today on a midd grade pulling 10000 lbs.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its done this before, it only goes into limp mode when over diver is on if i turn overdrive off i can can pull any hill with that weight.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
related to my limp mode p0735 code 2005 duramax with allison some blogs have mentioned c2 and or c3 may be damaged. are c2 and c3 only used for overdrive? my trans has never limped if i have overdrive turned off. only limps when pulling a grade and towing 10000 lb trailer with over drive engaged if i shut overdrive off and accelerate to 70 i cant then engage OD and tows fine it just does not 55-65 mph. thanks for your assistance.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The code P0735 can be set due to any of the following,

• Automatic Transmission — Clutch C2 or C3.
  • Pressure Control A (PCA) Solenoid
  • Transmission Output Shaft Speed Sensor
  • Turbine Input Shaft Speed (TISS) Sensor

In order to determine if the cause you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/P0735%20Jan%205.pdf

See the long form test steps in this link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/P0735%20Lon%20form%20Jan%205.pdf