Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

I today noticed my 2007 HHR's mileage readout and radio

Customer Question

I today noticed my 2007 HHR's mileage readout and radio time were very dim and my speed control did not work. Then I switched off the auto lights and my dash and radio brightened up to their normal brightness. the speed control worked too. I lost everything again when I turned on the auto lights. The headlights worked on auto too. After getting home, I checked all the lights and all were on.What's wrong?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would start first with checking the charging system to be sure its charging properly at 14 volts with the lights on and if so then the next steps would be to scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting and those addressed from there. Post back with the results and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can check the charging voltage with no problem but how do I get fault codes without pluggung a fault code meter into the computer? Is the someway I can get these codes off of the car's dash readout?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

In order to retrieve any fault codes you will have to hook up a code reader. Most auto part stores beside those in California will run a scan for you at no charge.