GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My name is denice..loved my 2009 Malibu when I bought it 2

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** 2009 Malibu when I bought it 2 years ago, now the battery is dead . Put in new battery, had alternator and starter checked. No codes shown at repair shop. what maybe going on..i am without a car.. have had to have a tow 3 times in the last 2 weeks. scared to drive. any suggestions
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when I try to start I would hear clicks, when my son messed with the battery it started but the message was reduced power to engine and something about throttle body. Service tech completed fuel & induction decarbonization on throttle relearn procedure. When dead battery happened again, I got a jump and car idled fast and no power. took back to service and they did a through clean of battery cables and removed corrosion. started today, but scared it will happen again.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok,, how would I pay
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. I am sorry to hear about this issue.

With your car, have you noticed anything on like a light in the trunk, DO you leave a charger plugged in?