GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a similar issue. 2003 Sanoma. Handle replaced a

Customer Question

Customer: Hello. I have a similar issue. 2003 Sanoma. Handle replaced a couple of times prior with success. This time, not so. New handle in but there seems to be something binding the mechanism inside the door in order for it to release the door itself. Not wanting to just pull harder and break the new handle, I'm looking for insight.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: New handle. Door seems to have other issue. Handle not moving linkage inside the door. I'm planning to pull the cover and such to get a better look.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

Is this the rear door on an extended cab truck you are working on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dave
As much as I appreciate your reply, I went ahead and opened the door up and was able to resolve the issue. Finding that the bottom latch on the third door was frozen due to typical corrosion.
Would
Have loved to just replace it but it is Sunday and I have way too many other issues to chase. I'm sure being a hands on guy, you understand all too well.Thanks
MuchKB
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

I do understand. Glad you were able to sort things out.

Dave