GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Have a 2015 Silverado 2500 and I blew a fuse on the power

Customer Question

have a 2015 Silverado 2500 and I blew a fuse on the power port in dash the fuse block on the driver side dash does not match the fuse schematic on the panel and cant find fuse #12 pulled all fuses on both sides of dash cant find the blown fuse. Any help would be appreciated
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating.

Are you referring to the 110 volt inverter or a 12 volt power port?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
12 volt port, may be also for a cigarette lighter it is to the right of the ash tray
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

It is a 15 amp fuse. I do not have a layout of your fuse panel. Are you sure it has a blown fuse?

Do you have a test light?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no test light but used 2 other cell phone power cords and the port will not work.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

A test light is best way to check for blown fuse as a lot of times they do not appear blown,

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

It will be the APO 1 or 2 fuse. Can you switch them and see if anything works?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
found a test light, the port in the middle of the seats works but not the one on the dash, will test the fuses, but the schematic on the inside of the panel on the left side of the dash does not match the fuse block, the semantic on the right side of the dash does match the fuse block. I have to run to town to pick some stuff up will be back in one hour
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is some pics of the fuse block and schematic and owners manual need help finding the correct fuse to test
thanks
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Test the fuses with the test light. On the outside if you hold the test light towards the edges and check for power at both sides will be a good test. Check them all

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the left side of dash all fusses check out but one 10 amp and I used the extra fuse supplied by chevy and checked them both with OHM and they both went to 0 pulled the fuse and checked the fuse block port for the 10 amp and it did not show any volts all the rest showed 14.0
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

OK. I am going to opt out and see if someone else has any ideas.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the manual says the LTR port is on the left side of the the dash but like I said the fuse block does not match the picture shown on the panel that you remove to access it. Did you get to view the pictures I sent you.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

Hello, new expert here. Check in the underhood fuse panel for a fuse labeled LTR, check the dash fuse panel for fuses labeled AUX PWR (may be more than one). Let me know if any of these fuses are blown.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
checked the engine fuse block 1, 10amp and 1, 15 amp had no volts but OHM both fuses they checked out fine at 0 and checked the fuse block with the volt meter and they had no volts going thru them.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

Check the larger fuses in the underhood fuse panel ( like the LBEC and MBEC fuses )