GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My truck has a horrible vibration coming from the rear end

Customer Question

Customer: my truck has a horrible vibration coming from the rear end gets worse over bumps. 2013 Silverado 1500
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: so the truck has about 30,000 miles on it. in general when I am driving around regardless of speed, i have a vibration that feels like its coming from the rear. I had my tires balanced like a week ago, also I replaced my rear shock absorbers. Neither one of those things helped.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to GM Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 1 year ago.

I it still under warranty? have you checked the u joint? is the pinion seal dry how is the diff fluid?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I haven't checked u joint or fluids or the pinion seal being that it is a relatively new truck. One other think I forgot to mention is when I go over bumps like going on and off a bridge as a example the truck feels as if its going to shake apart.

have you had chevy check it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 times. The first time they balanced my tires then the next day I took it back in because it still wasn't fixed and the service manager said that his tech didn't feel anything abnormal in the test drive. It's very obvious that something is wrong to myself and to anyone who rides with me especially when I go over bumps.

you need to go for a ride with the service manager...it can be so many things... does it do it at any specific speeds?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It gets extremely noticable on the free way. 55+ mph. I will see if I can do that. I had asked to do that when he came back and said they didn't find anything but I'll call them tomorrow and see what they say.

are they new tires?