sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

89 corvette starts idles but give it gas in acts like it's

Customer Question

89 corvette starts idles but give it gas in acts like it's choked strong smell of fuel and overheats in minutes just ideling could it just be fuses there is a reason for my ideal
Category: Chevy
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The driveability problem won't be a blown fuse but the overheating could potentially be, if the cooling fan fuse is blown.

The problems may be related though. An inaccurate coolant temperature sensor will cause the engine to run extremely rich and can also prevent the cooling fan from coming on. If the coolant sensor is showing an incorrectly cold temperature then it can cause both of your issues.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This thing is falling on its face imeadiatly and that's ur answer the fan isn't coming on and I replaced the egr temp indicater module first it's more along the line of mass airflow indicater or fuse box someone ran a wire for radio and it shorted out

The mass airflow sensor can cause the driveability issue but can't ause the cooling fan to nor work.

I was not aware of any parts replaced or testing, I have only the information posted on the page. Please list any parts replaced or testing that has been done already.