Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have 98 c6500 xnorthwest natural gas truck. the secondary

Customer Question

Hi Gary Yes I have 98 c6500 xnorthwest natural gas truck. the secondary brake lights up and the noise to alert the driver. the fluid looks good the pump cycles and stops looks like it maintains pressure the adjustment seems good or I can just it will hold the truck there first gear won't budge the truck when I use reverse the warning buzzer starts buzzing tim
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing that needs done here to help locate and repair the cause here is to have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set in all computers in your vehicle.Once this has been done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.This needs done with a scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that is compatible with your vehicle.If this has already been done and you know the fault codes set with this issue post them here as this will help.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the park brake is working. the problem is the light secondary brake is on and the alarm is beeping. the system is electric over hydraulic. is it necessary to purchase a scan tool? what happened to Gary. the pump does not appear to recycle what period will the pump hold brake disengaged. the oil appears clear with not milky. is the adjustment critical to the operation of the system if I disengage the brake and mark the cable with a sharpie and wait for it to retreat how long should the wait be. where can I see a diagram to understand why the alarm and the secondary light is incandescent
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize my answer didnt help with what you were looking for here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete