Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Replaced not working am fm cd radio in 09 2500 .replaced one

Customer Question

Customer: replaced not working am fm cd radio in 09 2500 .replaced one from internet like new now it reads locked
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have replaced radio in 09 twice because cd quit working getting tired of paying 350 exchange for rebuilt from gm. bought like new radio from internet out of 2012 gmc put it in my 09 chevy and all it will do is read locked
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: don'nt mind waiting but i am at farm and don't have credit card with me
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

sense this stereo system is tied into the security system,there is no way to unlock it at home.

you will need to take it to the dealer to have them to unlock it,,

the dealer may charge $75-$100+/- to unlock.

you cant do these at home as you ould older models

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.