GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My name is ***** *****. i have chevy impala, temp gauge is

Customer Question

Customer: hi. my name is ***** *****. i have chevy impala, temp gauge is maxed out. changed thermasate about 2 weeks ago, had no heat. ever thing was good. temp gauge kept going up, pulled water pump to check finns all good. dont know what is next thought maybe temp sensor isbad. any thoughts
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: still have heat,car runs fine temp gauge is just maxed out. i have had radiator cap off does not seem like coolant is moving
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

can you tell me what year and engine size this vehicle is ?

is the tempo gauge maxed out all the time even with the car is cold and you start it ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
05 3.4 motor yes its maxed out even when its cold