Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

My name is ***** *****. I'm researching a possible BCM issue

Customer Question

Customer: Hi there, my name is ***** *****. I'm researching a possible BCM issue for my 2009 malibu
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: DIC says ECS and TCS are disabled. TCS and ABS light are on constantly problem just started 2 days ago
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: if I get a good answer i'll be happy to pay. here are further details. recall work for 13036 was done last year. no hint of trouble until l;ast week. I have pulled ABS/sensor connector at all wheel and blated with contact cleaner, all looked clean
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

the BCM is usually not involved or would cause the ABS and or the TCS lights to come on

all of those systems are run through the ABS system and anytime there is any kind of ABS fault it will turn off any system that needs the ABS signals to operate correctly until the ABS issue is corrected

90 % of these are a simple wheel speed sensor issue where the wiring to one of the wheel sensors or the sensor / hub and bearing are bad which will send a wrong wheel speed to the ABS and trigger these lights

usualkly a shop pulling or you pulling the ABS code numbers set will say which wheel is reading wrong then once you know that it is the wiring or connection at the wheel or the sensor and or hub/bearing being the issue

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer