GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

03 chevy express van ignition a fuse keeps blowing when turn

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** 03 chevy express van ignition a fuse keeps blowing when turn key to start, first battery seemed dead or dying 6 years old so i changed it. then still sounded dead or would start intermittenly. went to nothing when key turned on to start, so changed starter. now still same and blows 40 amp fuse when turned to start.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i just did
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating.

Was it blowing the fuse prior to starter replacement?