GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2009 Malibu the heater blower doesn't turn on. I have

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** 2009 Malibu the heater blower doesn't turn on. I have checked the fuses and they are all good. I have check for power at the 20 amp blower fuse and got voltage. I put 12 volts to the blower motor and that spins up. Looks like it is pointing to the control panel or the relay.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The blower motor doesn't turn on when the control knob is twisted to any of the speed positions.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

can you see if when the car is on and the blower set to high speed if the red/black wire at the blower resistor shows 12 volts ?