Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

2007 cobalt not holding xharge
, we have charged the

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, 2007 cobalt not holding xharge
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: we have charged the battery, had it checked and passed, had alternator checked it passed. how ever battery keeps going dead
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yea that's fine
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: okay thank you
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

i am sorry for the long wait

will it only go dead when the car sits over night ?

or go dead when driving down the road ?

Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

usually if it will go dead when sitting over night or a long period of time the issue is usually something electronically in the car not turning off when the car is off killing the battery

the way to find the issue is with a draw test and a mutli meter set to mili amps put in series in the negative battery cable and anything over 50 MA is too high then one fuse is pulled at a time until the draw goes below 50 MA then what ever is on that fuse that dropped the draw down is the devise causing this issue

Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

how are you making out ?

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer !