Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Looking location on Avalanche. Seat heater comes on and then

Customer Question

Looking for relay location on Avalanche. Seat heater comes on and then shuts off start it again comes back on but each time I hit the switch the hearer comes on for a shorter and shorter time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. This system does not use relays. It uses modules and circuit breakers. Most of the time it is the circuit breakers. In the interior fuse boxes there are small metal boxes that look like large fuses. You need to locate the one LT DOOR and SEATS. Replace both of these. If that does not help then you need to replace the driver door module with a new programmed one. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 11 months ago.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. A rating is required from you rating me. I am not an employee of this website. I do not have control over the fees, or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative, or not at all. You still pay. I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

My immediate suspicion is that the seat heater itself is damaged. The module will continue to turn it off because it sees a fault in the system.

I have not heard heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. Please remember that your rating should be based on the service you received. Not if you were unhappy about the results. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.