Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

My name is ***** ***** and I have 2008 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid,

Customer Question

Customer: Hello. my name is ***** ***** and I have 2008 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid, which I am sick of by now, since no one can address the issue. I have been spending a lot of money trying to fix it, this will be my last try. Vehicle stalls when switching from engine to hv mode, it lurches forward when coming to a rolling stop at times, when brakes are release and vehicle position a bit uphill vehicle will start bucking/jerking like it is switching from HV to Gas rapidly.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have had v300 battery rebuild twice, I have taken it to GM dealer to reprogram. I changed throttle body, Changed the gas pedal position sensor., Nothing helps. Dealer recommends point of elimination, new v300 battery, if it does not help maybe a transmission replacement, if not maybe electrical problem, I have worked a in service department for Toyota for 10 years and this got me all confused.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure. Please
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 11 months ago.

Hi there. Thank you for using our service.

I'm very sorry to learn through your post about the obvious incompetence demonstrated by that dealer you mention - they should have qualified technicians able to pinpoint the issue.

We are beginning to see some Hybrid battery packs nearing the end of their useful life and causing the same symptoms you're experiencing. In addition, you might feel a lull (clutch slipping) followed by a kick (clutch grabbing) during acceleration while in Auto Stop or during a transition to Engine On. This condition typically occurs just before engine restart is observed on the tachometer. Surge or lunge during deceleration below 25 mph with light to moderate braking. This usually occurs after the tachometer drops below idle speed to anter an Auto Stop. These concerns may be caused by an auxiliary transmission fluid pump concern or a slipping clutch within the transmission.

Depending on your vehicle's mileage and service history, GM might help you with the cost of repairs. You can contact them at 1-***-***-****.

Best Regards.