rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 1994 chevy pick up, we had to go on a muddy road

Customer Question

I have a 1994 chevy pick up, we had to go on a muddy road and we got stuck a couple of times, after that my steering wheel is hard to turn and it makes a noise when I turn it left or right, we put fluid in and there are no leaks
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Ok, check the idler arm and pitman arm for smooth movement. If they are good, then the power steering pump is at fault. Also, check for any other obstacles that may be causing this as well, that would be getting in the way of free movement.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok so if I take it to a garage that does car repairs how will I know if they're not gonna take advantage of me cause I have no one to help me and I am not sure how to go about this, this is actually for my 75 year old mom who lives 3 hrs away from me and I don't know how to help her
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

The best place to take it would be a place like Sears. They don't work on commission and have no reason to overcharge you. Thanks and good luck.

Please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need more help with this later on.