rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My 07 Tahoe won't start, headlights work, key fob works,

Customer Question

My 07 Tahoe won't start , headlights work , key fob works , horn works but oil pressure and gas gauges won't move from zero
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

There can be a couple different things causing this. The first would be a defective instrument cluster, the second would be the security system. Either way, the vehicle needs to be tested with a scan tool to confirm which one is the issue.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I jumped the vehicle and it is running now but is showing a service battery charging system
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

OKay, then the starting and charging system need to be tested with a machine that will do battery load, alternator and full field testing.

Thanks, ***** ***** don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need more help later on.