Mastertech 1
Mastertech 1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master technician with over 30 years of experience, including GM.
24034660

I have a 2007 4500 Chevy with duramax and it ran fine the

Customer Question

I have a 2007 4500 Chevy with duramax and it ran fine the other day. I started it up and it was spark knocking but did run. It stopped after a minute and then I didn't have much throttle response. We have had about 6 inches if rain in the last week and I wondered if that had something to do with it. Hasn't knocked before. I have let it run for about 20 minutes now and idles fine. When I first started it up a little yellow light on the dash came on. It is right above the 5 on rmps. Any clue?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mastertech 1 replied 1 year ago.

Hello: More then likely what has happened is water has gotten into the fuel system, Causing this issue, I would suggest that you replace the fuel filter and add some additive to the fuel tank (If the filter has a lot of water in it you may have to drain out the fuel tank/s, The light is water detected in fuel warning, Thanks, ***** ***** me know if I can be of any other assistance to you with this issue! Have a Happy New Years!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Happy New Year to you

Thank-you, very much!